Join me on Facebook, too!

Thursday, April 10, 2014

"The Charity" Hits Number One on Amazon




I have to say, this picture looks pretty good to me.

Just seeing my book listed as an Amazon Best Seller and as the number one Kindle download in the Legal Thriller category is wonderful. The Charity also hit number one in the Terrorism Thriller category for the same three day period and number seven for overall Suspense. It hit the top quickly and stayed there for the duration of my promotion.

For those of you who are new to this world and are thinking that I've arrived to some lofty, gilded space and can now sit back and do nothing, I'll let you think that. So, stop reading.

For the rest of you who are cluing in on this game of perception vs. reality called "Marketing," I have a bit of advice: Be Relentless.

There are wonderful blogs out there providing insight and strategic step-by-step plans on how to market your book. For my own marketing, I decided to broaden The Charity's reader base in preparation for its upcoming sequel, The Troubles. The fact that I now have rights to a couple of bragging points is icing, but I never would have ventured out in the world of Amazon promotion unless I had the virtual support of countless blogs on the subject. I urge you to read each and every one and do everything they suggest.

Then, after your head stops spinning, settle in to one core truth: You make your own luck and will spend years becoming an overnight success.