Join me on Facebook, too!

Monday, September 18, 2023

AND THE WINNER IS...CRIME HITS HOME!

I am absolutely rejoicing! 

I've written about the launch of this anthology and of my excitement that my short story, CURRENTS, is included beside crime-writing greats like Walter Mosely, Sara Paretsky, Naomi Hirahara, Gabino Iglesias, and more. There is even more terrific news that I need to share with you!

CRIME HITS HOME has won the coveted Anthony Award for Best Anthology!

My grandfather once said, "Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are." If that saying holds true, then the great company I'm in means I write darned good stories.

CURRENTS unfolds what happens when two assassins are stranded on a deserted island. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

In fact, Michael J. McCann, award-winning novelist and reviewer for the New York Journal of Books wrote a terrific review of the whole anthology and gave me an amazing shoutout!

Check it out:

Our survey of editor Rozan’s spread wouldn’t be complete without mentioning “Currents” by Connie Johnson Hambley. The atmospheric and entertaining story of two assassins facing off against each other on a desert island in the Pacific, it’s an example of how an anthology like this one can bring our attention to an author whose fiction will bear closer examination in the future.

A columnist for Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Hambley has also independently published three thrillers in her Jessica Trilogy, including The Charity (2012), The Troubles (2015), and The Wake (2017). Her contribution to this anthology casts light on her current work, as it were, and encourages us to keep an eye out for what might be coming next.


So, Yeah! I'm kinda chuffed today! 💞💞💞💞