Join me on Facebook, too!

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Bringing Books to Life

Author Tea at the Wenham Tea House


I live in an area of New England that is filled with physical beauty, history, and creative minds. Englishmen began to question their allegiance to Britain and witches were hunted steps from my home. Boston's history is as rich and colorful as the countryside it resides in. Is it any wonder that many novels are set here? Readers agree that walking the streets and paths they've read about deepens their understanding of the books and forges a deeper connection to the characters.

I'm excited to have a special author's high tea in the hometown of my book's main character, Jessica Wyeth. On Friday, December 18 from 3:30 to 5:30 pm, I will talk about the people and the places in my suspense thrillers. Hamilton, Massachusetts is the quintessential New England town. White colonials line the main streets. Split-rail fences dot the countryside. Horses are around every turn. Seriously. The picture below is a fairly common site.


Technically speaking, Hamilton is really Hamilton-Wenham. The two towns joined forces just to confuse everyone. The Wenham Tea House is an iconic establishment. My characters definitely would have been regulars there if they were real people.

But when you drive the streets and see the sights described in The Charity or understand the yearning for home Jessica feels in The Troubles, you just might get the sneaking suspicion that maybe these books aren't fiction after all.

I hope to see you on the 18th!

(More event dates for fall 2015 can be found here.)