Join me on Facebook, too!

Friday, March 2, 2018

NEW BOOK!: ALL THE DEADLY LIES by Marian Lanouette


Oh, gosh! There is only one thing I love more than launching my own books and that's helping a friend launch hers! Marian and I met through Sisters in Crime and I've watched her career blossom with her signing with Kensington and more. Wow! Marian is as smart and sultry in person as her characters. And Jake Carrington! Hold on, kids! You are going to LOVE him (and you will fall in love with Marian, too!). -cjh




Good morning Connie, and thanks for the invitation to talk about my character Jake Carrington’s journey to publication.  First I’d like to give you a little background on Jake and his cohorts.

A rising baseball player in high school, Jake received full scholarships to play. But a sudden dark event in his teens, the murder of his younger sister Eva, had him turning away from playing ball and training for a career as a cop, like his father before him.

The Jake Carrington Thriller series is a combination of Jake’s cases and his personal life and how they interact, or most times don’t.  His team is filled with interesting characters who I also highlight in the series.

The character of Jake came to me as I was in the middle of writing another book. His voice and antics kept shouting in my head until I paid him attention and wrote his story. Halfway through the first book, All the Deadly Lies, I realized Jake and his crew was a series. One book wouldn’t do him justice or dig deep enough into his psyche to find out what made him tick.

Within a year I had two books, and a third one outlined. I have a special affection for Jake and his crew. In this period of time, I was recovering from open-heart quadruple by-pass surgery, and Jake made the recovery easy as he kept my mind occupied. When I finished the second book, All the Hidden Sins, I pitched it to a small press out of Canada. At the time I hadn’t realized it was in its infancy.  The company and I had a lot to learn. Jake’s success disappointed me and I took the rights back to self-pubbed the series where I experienced success with it.

While attending a charity ball a few years later, I was introduced to my current editor, Michaela Hamilton from Kensington Publishing Corp.  It was my lucky day. A year went by before I submitted Jake’s series to Michaela, and was thrilled when she offered me a four book deal.

When asked, I tell writers to keep the faith, and believe in yourself and your work. You never know where the next opportunity will come from and be prepared to embrace it.

Write on.

The week of February 27th, All the Deadly Lies will be released to great reviews. Click here to read the Review of All the Deadly Lies, a review from criminalelement.com.



Bio: Marian Lanouette

A self-described tough blonde from Brooklyn, Marian Lanouette grew up as one of ten children. As far back as she could remember Marian loved to read. She was especially intrigued by the Daily News crime reports. Tragically, someone she knew was murdered. The killer never found.

Her Jake Carrington thriller are inspired by her admiration for police work, her experience in working a crematorium, and her desire to write books where good prevails, even in the darkest times. Marian lives in New England with her husband.



Where to buy All the Deadly Lies


Publisher Kensington/Lyrical: http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/book.aspx/35575






Social Media




Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Marian-Lanouette/e/B0095YFGZ6
My first newsletter will be issued at the end of March 2018. Please sign up now for it here.