Join me on Facebook, too!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

November Events

True confession. When it comes to keeping up with my blog posts, I'm not the best. When I sit down to write, my brain focuses immediately on my book. Other writing, like keeping up to date with my blog, takes a lower priority.



I just attended the Sister's in Crime New England Crimebake. Amazing. Wonderful. Insightful. Fun. Put it on your MUST GO list. If you are a writer, there is no excuse not to go. If you are a reader, you will completely enjoy yourself and meet your favorite authors. This year's guest of honor was Craig Johnson, author of the books the Longmire TV series is based on. This set the theme for the gathering. Denim and cowboy boots were everywhere. I have inside knowledge that Craig and I (pictured above) were the only people there wearing cowboy boots that had actually been on a horse. I had a blast at Crimebake and fear I may get a reputation for liking men in fringe, but that's another story.

Supporting my local indie bookstores and libraries is something I believe deeply in. I'll be at the Topsfield Public Library on Thursday, November 13 at 7:00 pm on a panel of other local authors. Stop by!


Next up is the Equine Affaire. This is one of the nation's largest horse conferences and expositions. Multiple equestrian disciplines will be featured and all conceivable horse-related items will be sold there. I attended last year and planned to stay for three days. I sold out of books in two days and met some wonderful and passionate horse-loving readers. Just my kind of people! I've already been in contact with a few via Twitter, so I know I'll be seeing some familiar faces. Find me on Twitter: @conniehambley. I'll be tweeting during the Expo, so connect!