Join me on Facebook, too!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

South Shore Irish Festival



Join me for two days of all things Irish at the Marshfield Fair Grounds.

A beautiful location filled with song and laughter? Count me in! Celebrate Irish heritage with song, drink, laughter, and craic at the South Shore Irish Festival. (Don't know what craic is? Well, you have to come and see for yourself!) I've been invited to sign "The Troubles" and will certainly have copies of "The Charity" on hand for the uninitiated!

I'll be joining Ellen Alden, author of "Faithfully Yours," and Dick Flavin, poet laureate of the Boston Red Sox and author of "Red Sox Rhymes."

It's wonderful to be invited as a featured author for any event, but to be included in these annual Irish heritage festival is so exciting! I know my books raise a few eyebrows in certain circles. I can see folks wondering what this American lass is doing writing about Northern Ireland's troubles. I've had my politics tested and heard incredible stories of Irish oppression directly from those who have experienced it. I'm looking forward to signing books, chatting with readers, and sharing some craic.